ospice care is provided to patients and their families by an interdisciplinary team of professionals and volunteers in partnership with the patient’s physician.
Under the physician’s direction, the hospice team specializes in pain and symptom management, emotional and spiritual support. The team assists the patients and families to make the most of life.
Our interdisciplinary team provides every patient with: Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplain, Hospice Aides, Volunteers, Bereavement Coordinators, Pharmacists, Therapists and a Dietitian.
A team of professionals and volunteers provide:
• Expertise in pain and symptom management
• Emotional and spiritual support in coping with a life-limiting illness
• Assistance with personal care and light housekeeping
• Care designed specifically to meet the unique needs of each individual patient and family
• 24-hour/7-days-a-week on-call availability
• medicine for pain and symptom management
• medical equipment and supplies, appropriate therapies, labs, and tests
• music, pet, occupation, physical, aroma, speech, and massage therapy are all provided services
• Bereavement support to assist families in coping with the loss of their loved one
• one-on-one counseling, group counseling, children & teen specialized bereavement service, Camp Courage.
Hospice Serves people with an illness causing a limited life expectancy including diseases such as:
• Heart disease
• Lung disease
• ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
• Alzheimer’s disease
• Kidney failure
• People who choose pain management, care and comfort rather than curative treatment
• People who choose no extreme means to sustain life
• People of all ages from infants to adults
• People of diverse social, economic, ethnic and religious backgrounds