ot all Hospice providers are the same. And when making important decisions about your family’s care, it’s important to know what you can expect.
The Medicare and Medicaid Hospice Benefit is universal for all providers, but each Hospice provider decides how to provide care. Here is how Hospice of Siouxland offers superior service to all patients, family and the community.
Hospice of Siouxland is a non-profit, locally managed care provider with satellite offices in Le Mars, and South Sioux City, serving 14 counties in Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota.
We are co-owned by both local hospitals and have contracts with all Siouxland health care providers, regional hospitals, nursing home facilities and assisted living facilities in our tri-state service area. That means that patients can choose their provider.
• Served Siouxland for more than 30 years.
• A local and solely dedicated Medical Director, Dr. Dale R. Holdiman, and 2 Associate Medical Directors, Dr. Paul A. Fee and Dr. Jeffrey D. O’Tool. They have served patients in Siouxland for decades.
• A Nurse Practitioner on staff who has served patients in Siouxland for many years.
• Our local expertise includes more than 100 experts who provide end-of-life care in Siouxland; many of these professionals have more than 10-15 years of experience in end-of-life care, including many nurses/aides who are certified in the specialty of Hospice and Palliative Care.
• Open access to patients with cancer for more than eight years.
• Community-based Palliative Care to Siouxland for more than 10 years.
• Approximately 250 trained volunteers: Respite, patient visits, transportation, 11th hour, office, courier, Oral History, Tuck-in, Comfort Care (acute), pet therapy, prayer shawl, CALM, Spa (Hair and Nails), Grief & Growth, Mending Hearts Luncheons, Camp Courage, Vet-to-Vet.
• Four levels of care as needed, regardless of patient’s hospital choice
• 24/7 support by phone or visit as needed
• Therapies to improve Quality of Life: Pet, Aroma, Speech, Physical, and Occupational Therapy.
• High-quality bereavement program: Grief and Growth for Hospice caregivers/community, Camp Courage for children, Mending Hearts Luncheon, Memorial Service, Bi-weekly children/family support groups
We are the leading provider of Hospice care in the region. We are “Hospice of Siouxland”